December 1, 2018

Every time I used to want to acces a single-use gameobject (like GameController or CamerController) I would write a function in the Storage class that would do a "GameObject.Find()" function and return the object's script. This has been replaced with a Singleton ("publ...

October 26, 2018

Right, so the rotations are fixed. The issue lie in how the offset rotation was added to the base input.

In short, this is how it works: MainCamera is the one that renders the image. BCamera is the desired position and rotation.

We use a lerp to make MainCamera's positio...

October 25, 2018

Now that the audio's loading is way more distributed, I'm tackling the problems occurring with the camera: It's broken. Somehow the system likes to rotate 90 degrees every now and then, soft-locking the game, as the player can't access the object required to continue.


October 23, 2018

First thing we'll do is handle how audio is loaded. The current game starts by loading in every single song that will be used, which isn't a problem in Windows, but is on Android. The loading times can be as long as 60+ seconds.

The benefit is that, once playing, the lo...

October 23, 2018

So we presented our game to the jury and it was good.

Then we signed up our game for a VAF Wildcard, a competition where students sign in their projects for to win coaching and money. We won!

Then we got nominated for the LUCA Showcase 2018. We won that too!

So we will go...

May 30, 2018

The problem I faced when first loading in the audio is that it too for ever, and because of the way that the audio system was designed I couldn't split up the loading times, or else the loading screens between the levels would last just too long and get yuuuuusssttt an...

May 9, 2018

The progress after about 12 hour on the new tutorial. This is the very first gameplay the players will see.

I have found that having people play it, they are confused and paw at the screen randomly, so I made little animated instructions to help them along. These are ve...

May 8, 2018

With only a month-and-a-bit until the deadline and a couple of playtest sessions, and after some discussing with Sarah, we have decided to not start work on chapter 4: 'Attila Attack".

This is due to my want to give the tutorial levels an overhaul. They are not thought...

May 2, 2018

That explains why everything stopped working!

Update: It was because Sarah changed the name from 'Metarig' to 'rig_Steve' that the bones wouldn't get updated; the hierarchy didn't match up. Simply changing the name of the metarig object to 'rig_Steve' fixed that issue.

April 27, 2018

I'll be honest, I took some inspiration from the wix-style buttons, mostly because I enjoyed the animation and depth of them. That resulted, after a few iteration, to this:

Please reload